Tuesday, June 19, 2007

Simple Church Welcome Poems

of Uppsala in the far north

After nearly a week in Sweden's capital Stockholm, I decided in the stronghold of Uppsala students to drive. Unfortunately, most of my ex-colleagues, however, had already left the city since the summer semester up here by mid-June is over. Nevertheless, Uppsala was well worth the trip, as you can see on the pictures below.




In the main auditorium of the University came ich mir zuerst vor wie im falschen Film, denn es glich eher einem Opernsaal denn einem Ort für Vorlesungen. Eines ist jedenfalls sicher, in Wien wäre ich für einen derart luxuriösen Hörsaal gestorben.




Nachdem ich mich an meinem letzten Abend in Uppsala mit meiner CouchSurfing-Bekanntschaft Sarah (siehe Foto im vorigen Post!) getroffen hatte, machte ich mich am nächsten Tag auf die (Nacht-)Reise in Richtung Nordschweden. Nach knapp 14 Stunden im Zug, kam ich am Samstag gegen Mittag etwas erschöpft in Luleå an. Am Bahnhof wurde ich dann von Håkan abgeholt, den ich ebenfalls über CS kennengelernt hatte. Wir verstanden uns gleich von Anfang an und so erklärte he is willing to einzuquartieren me for a few days at home. Once there, I met his girlfriend Linnea, with whom he also lives together.

made on Sunday we will together with Håkan friend Jacob a trip to the waterfalls of Storforsen. After the many (major) cities I had seen in the last three weeks, it did incredibly well to be back in the wild. Also, I was so happy that you showed me this place, because I had never sat alone found there.

Here is a group picture of our trip (from left: Jacob, my humble self bearded, Linnea and Håkan):




The immensity of the falls can be difficult to capture with a camera, but the following image should give a clear idea of \u200b\u200bthe water masses that swell in Storforsen downhill.




Yesterday I went to Luleå to me a little look about the city. The place is not great, but has lots of charm and will provide the rest, I need urgent after all the sightseeing in recent weeks.




As you can see, has been conducted everything perfect on my first try CouchSurfing. Håkan and Linnea sind unglaublich nett, zeigen mir viele Sehenswürdigkeiten in der Gegend und führen mich zudem noch in die kulinarische Welt Norrbottens (der nördliche Teil Schwedens) ein. Reiseherz, was willst du mehr?


Hej då aus Luleå,

Martin

0 comments:

Post a Comment