Thursday, August 16, 2007

Comvertible 10/22 In Bullpup

the way in the south of Finland

The more I traveled to Finland to the south, the greater were the cities and the hotter the weather. When I arrived in Tampere, the second largest city in the country, ruled for nearly 30 degrees in the shade. I am therefore very pleased that my couch-surfing host Otto me right from the bus station and picked my way to his (cool) was flat. After I had put there my heavy luggage, we made our way into a small park where we approved a refreshing ice cream.




then led me Otto through the city center to a lookout tower from which had made us a magnificent view of Tampere:




Tampere is a city with a large industrial past. Over the years, most of the old factory buildings into restaurants, museums and shopping centers have been converted. The former reputation as the "Manchester of Finland" is therefore not really applicable. Nowadays, the city of many attractions, as evidenced by the following pictures:




Before I went on my way to Helsinki, I made a little trip to Turku. The port city on the southwestern tip of Finland has long been the capital of the country and has so much history. Path along the river as I strolled through the city, I was able to convince me in detail.






were an eye-catcher also those girls which is a beach volleyball match at the river bank dueled. Who was interested at the sight nor who won in the end?




On my last day I visited Turku or the medieval castle from the 13th Century. On a (deutschsprachigen!) guidance I got everything about the past of the fortress to hear.








On Monday I was at last - in Helsinki - Finland after almost four weeks. I had previously received much praise for the city to the ears and Helsinki held the reputation stood. In my many walks around the center of the Finnish capital was followed by a highlight on the other. The Cathedral, the Sibelius Monument and the Orthodox Cathedral of tourists make the heart of every beat.




also concerned that my accommodation in Helsinki, I could not complain. At the end of my adventure Finland I was again hit by a couch-surfing friend added.




I also took a day a Trip to Suomenlinna, a small island off the town that once housed a mighty fortress. Unfortunately, today only the ruins of the castle are visible, but the whole is impressive nonetheless.




On the way back to the port town, I was then a close look at those giant ferries throw that travel to Helsinki from the entire Baltic Sea. If you look at the tiny ferry from these giants, you can get it right to do with fear.




switch also next week, when it is said again: News from the bearded globetrotter!

Martin

0 comments:

Post a Comment